French contract logistics provider FM Logistic inaugurated its first Control Tower (CT) facility at a grand event in Pune on June 20. The Control Tower is part of FM’s strategy to enhance its 4PL and LLP offerings. The occasion was graced by Jean-Christophe Machet, CEO of FM Logistic; Stéphane Descarpentries, Managing Director, Asia and Strategic Projects; Alexandre Amine Soufiani, Managing Director, FM Logistic Singapore; and Ajit Jangle, Managing Director, FM Logistic India.
FM Logistic will provide centralised transportation control tower services with end-to-end visibility to its customers countrywide through this new product.
The control tower offers:
- An array of transportation services ranging from order management, network design, transport simulation, and vehicle management to track-and-trace services.
- Complete process automation to reduce duplicated efforts and utilise optimised resources.
- The CT Integrated Logistics Platform enables EDI and API integration with the customer’s ERP as well as track and trace systems to ensure seamless data transfer and 100 percent visibility.
- Real-time performance reporting through Business Intelligence dashboards.
- In the case of a contingency, predictive analysis is a key feature of the CT solution that aids in decision-making.
About this achievement, Jean-Christophe Machet said, “At FM Logistic, we are always willing to adapt to the current market demands. The COVID-19 pandemic has confirmed that it is critical for supply chains to cater to the ever-changing needs of businesses. Our new control tower solution in India reaffirms our commitment to helping our customers meet their growing business needs efficiently by offering mutualised solutions enabling more sustainable and economical supply chains.”
FM Logistic India’s control tower has been set up at its headquarters in Pune. A dedicated team of around 100 experts is responsible for overseeing the functioning of this revolutionary business solution.