The International Association of Freight Forwarders (FIATA) jointly with TT Club has announced the ‘Young Logistics Professional Award (YLP Award), to be organised in 2024.
The aim of the award is to encourage training in the freight forwarding industry and to further develop the professionalism of young people in the industry. Federation of Freight Forwarders’ Associations in India (FFFAI) and each national association that is a member of FIATA can nominate one candidate for the Young Logistics Professional Award.
The candidates are selected from the four regions: America, Europe, Africa, and Middle East, Asia Pacific.
The FFFAI Selection Committee will shortlist candidates based on submissions, and the best entry will be nominated for the YLP FIATA award.
Eligibility criteria for candidate
● Should not be more than 35 years as on 1st January 2024
● Should have a minimum of 2 years full-time experience in Freight forwarding.
● Should submit the dissertation on the topic stipulated by FIATA and FFFAI.
● Should fulfil conditions stipulated by FFFAI in the registration form.
● Qualified Candidate for FIATA Diploma in Freight Forwarding
Procedures of the Nomination:
- Eligible candidates will receive intimation by email from FFFAI for participation in the Award along with a questionnaire and the subject of dissertation.
- The interested candidate will submit their answer to the questionnaire and dissertation paper.
- FFFAI selection Committee will then shortlist the final candidate and announce the result.
- Final short-listed candidates will be nominated for FIATA Young Professional Award as FFFAI nominee.
- The candidate will receive the topic of dissertation and other information about the format of paper from the Award Administrator of FIATA. The candidate will have to submit the dissertation paper to the Award Administrator of FIATA.
The Winner will receive a prize consisting of:
●A trip to the FIATA World Congress (including travel and accommodation).
●An academic and practical training programme in logistics at the TT Club’s global centres in London, Hong Kong, or New Jersey.
● Complimentary one-year subscription to the International Transport Journal.
For participation, interested candidates can fill out the registration form on or before December 21, 2023.