Twenty-Five AAI Airports Are Earmarked for Leasing Over the Next Three Years
In sync with the National Monetization Pipeline (NMP), the government directed the Parliament on December 19, 2022, about the leasing of twenty-five airports lying under the purview of the Airport Authority of India. These include the airports in Bhubaneshwar, Varanasi, Amritsar, Trichy, Indore, Raipur, Calicut, Coimbatore, Nagpur, Patna, Madurai, Surat, Ranchi, Jodhpur, Chennai, Vijayawada, Vadodara, Bhopal, Tirupati, Hubli, Imphal, Agartala, Udaipur, Dehradun and Rajahmundry.
To date, eight of the AAI airports have already been leased out for long terms under Public Private Partnership (PPP) for their operations, management, and development. The details of the airports along with the concessionaires are as follows:
(1) Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi, M/s Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL)
(2) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Mumbai: M/s Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL)
(3) Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, Lucknow: M/s Lucknow International Airport Limited (LIAL)
(4) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad; M/s Ahmedabad International Airport Limited (AIAL)
(5) Mangaluru International Airport, M/s Mangaluru International Airport Limited (MaIAL)
(6) Jaipur International Airport: M/s Jaipur International Airport Limited (JIAL)
(7) Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati; M/s Guwahati International Airport Limited (GIAL)
(8) Thiruvananthapuram International Airport, M/s TRV-Kerala International Airport Limited (TIAL)
This decision was taken by the government keeping in mind the issues surrounding public satisfaction, which is of primordial importance as the public is the ultimate beneficiary.